- Parents and Families
Our Parents suggest these organizations that can provide help:
- Sisters by Heart | Supports newly-diagnosed HLHS families (both expectant and newborn) by providing complimentary care packages and a supportive network of HLHS families.
- Beads of Courage | Through the use of strings of beads representing medical procedures, helps children with serious illness record, tell and own their stories of survival.
- Mended Little Hearts | A support program for parents of children with heart defects and heart disease. Offers resources and a supportive network of families.
- Icing Smiles | Provides custom celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by critical illness of a child (provides cakes to both the affected child and siblings).
- Midwest Heart Connection | Midwest Heart Connection is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports families affected by all types of congenital heart disease. Midwest Heart Connection’s mission is to support individuals affected CHD by providing access to others with congenital heart disease, raise awareness of CHD in the community and raise and provide funds for pediatric cardiology research, education and treatment resources so that more children with heart defects will survive, live longer, and lead an improved quality of life.
- Little Hearts | Provides support to CHD families by way of an Annual Member Picnic, Awareness Information & Suggestions, Awareness Products, Discussion Board, Fundraising Ideas, Meetings, News Email Group, Newsletter and Parent Matching Program.
- Keep Swimming Foundation | Their mission is to provide financial aid to the families of critically ill individuals so that they can afford to be with their loved one throughout an extended inpatient hospital stay. They help families afford the non-medical expenses, such as parking at the hospital, bedside meals, lodging and gasoline to drive to and from their home.